Thursday, April 10, 2008

Avocado Waldorf Salad

I love avocados and waldorf salad! This is very yummy and since I'm the only one who appreciates it in my house, I get to eat it all!

3 medium apples
1 large stalk celery, minced
1 T raisins or dried cranberries
1 recipe Avocado-Yogurt Dressing (see below)
1/4 c chopped walnuts

Cut apples into bite-sized chunks and add to medium bowl. Add celery and raisins or cranberries and toss. Add dressing and stir gently until everything is nicely coated. Serve topped with the walnuts.

Avocado-Yogurt Dressing
(Tip: the acid from the fruit juice helps the avocado stay green longer!)
1/4 c orange juice
1 T lemon juice
1 small avocado or 1/2 large one
1/2 c plain nonfat yogurt
1 T light-colored honey
pinch of salt
up to 1/2 tsp grated lemon or orange zest (optional)

Combine orange juice and lemon juice in medium sized bowl. Scoop out avocado and add to the juice. Mash with a fork until very smooth. Use a small wisk to beat in yogurt and honey. Add salt to taste, and some citrus zest if you like. Transfer to container with tight-fitting lid and chill until serving time.

7 comments:

Marne said...

Oh thanks Ange! I am making this in the next week for sure. Everything in here is in my diet right now...and I LOVE avacado. So does Chad and Lacy. That girl is an animal when it comes to food.

Indy said...

hey I want some too.....................

Indy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marne said...

We made this last night for part of our dinner. VERY good! I loved it! Chad liked it also, but he is not big on any type of fruit salad. I will be making it again.

Indy said...

So Marne am I going to get some too?

Marne said...

None left! You will have to make your own!

Indy said...

I am going to cry..........