Friday, January 14, 2011

Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Chicken

Another recipe from "365 Days of Slow Cooking"! This one is really yummy!!

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
1 cup Catalina dressing
1 cup apricot jam
1 packet onion soup mix

Place chicken in slow cooker and combine other ingredients in a small bowl. Pour sauce over the top of the chicken. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours and serve over rice.
(Since my crock pot cooks faster, I cooked on LOW for 3 hours and it was perfect!)

3 comments:

Marne said...

We had this for dinner yesterday. Really good! This is definitely the easy way to make sweet and sour chicken. I only used two large chicken breasts, and that was plenty for us. Also, with the measurements for the dressing and the jam, you could get two recipes out of each of the bottles. Makes for a thrifty dinner.

Angela said...

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it! We do too. Good point that you can get two recipes out of each of the bottles!

Heidi said...

I've always baked this recipe in the oven. I am so excited to try the crockpot idea. The crockpot is about my best friend in the winter.