Monday, August 16, 2010

Ice Cream Cake

I made this cake for Chad's birthday last week. It was delicious! Super easy too. I got the recipe from Kraft.



24 OREO Cookies, divided
2 cups Strawberry ice cream, softened (I used vanilla instead)
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
2 cups Chocolate ice cream, softened
2 Tbsp. Hot fudge ice cream topping (I used crushed oreos instead)

LINE 9-inch round pan (I used a 10 in springform pan. Didn't have to use the plastic wrap) with plastic wrap, with ends extending over side of pan. Stand 14 cookies around edge of pan. Crush remaining cookies. Reserve 1/2 cup crumbs for later use; sprinkle remaining crumbs onto bottom of pan. Spread strawberry ice cream over crumbs; top with 1 cup COOL WHIP and reserved crumbs. Cover with chocolate ice cream.

FREEZE 4 hours.

REMOVE dessert from freezer 10 min. before serving. Use plastic wrap handles to lift dessert from pan. Carefully peel off plastic wrap; place dessert on serving plate. Let stand at room temperature to soften slightly. Top with remaining COOL WHIP; drizzle with fudge topping.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I know this makes me sound retarded. . .but I stumbled across your blog while on another site. For some reason the blog address wont' show up in my address bar (it's just the original site I was on). I would love to follow your blog. . .can you e-mail me your blog address so I can check back often???

Thank you!
Julie
julielv_18@hotmail.com

Ashlee said...

You stole my idea Marne. I was going to make something like this for Nate's birthday next month. Now I will have to borrow your spring form pan...

Marne said...

We get tired of regular cakes! Wait until you see what Braden wants for his birthday cake in October.

Marne said...

Ashlee, here is another really easy and YUMMY ice cream cake. We love this one too, but I wanted to try something different this time. I have made this one several times and it always is a hit:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/oreo-fudge-ice-cream-106562.aspx