Saturday, August 7, 2010

Black Bean Salsa

This recipe is so fresh and delicious. I get recipe requests everytime I take it somewhere. We used it for a stake luncheon a few years ago and I can't tell you how many recipe requests I got.

1 (12 oz.) can mexicorn or shoepeg corn
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 med. red or orange bell pepper chopphed
1/2 c. sliced green onions
1/2 c. red onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 med. tomatoes, chopped
3/4 c. Italian dressing
1/2 tsp. chili powder
2 Tbls. fresh lime juice
1 Tbls. fresh cilantro, chopped

Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate 1/2 hour for all the flavors to meld. Serve with tortilla chips. You will love it!

2 comments:

Heide Mc.™ said...

What a great recipe. Love the idea of using black beans.

Tiffani said...

I have a recipe like this. It's really good when you add a chopped avocado - we all love those!