Saturday, October 25, 2008

Donnette's Rolls/Breadsticks

I got this recipe from a friend of mine. She had just pulled her batch of these rolls out of her oven, I ate one, thought I had died and gone to heaven and I left her house with this recipe. Instead of all white flour, she uses 2 cups whole wheat flour and 3 1/2 cups white flour. They are really easy to make!


2 C. Warm Water
2 Tbsp. Yeast
1/2 C. Sugar

Mix and let sit for 5- 10 minutes until yeast starts to foam

Then add:
2 1/2 tsp. Salt
3 C. Flour

Mix well then add:
1 Egg
1/4 C. Oil

Mix together then add:
3 C. flour (1 C. at a time)

Mix together until dough is formed. Do not add too much flour at one time or dough will be stiff. It is better for dough to be a little sticky. Let dough raise for 1/2 hour. Make it into desired shape i.e. rolls, breadsticks, etc. Then allow it to rise for 20 minutes more. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Once out of oven brush with butter while warm.

3 comments:

Marne said...

These sound great, Ange! Thanks for sharing. Now if Donette can make them for me too...

Angela said...

When Donnette is done baking at my house, I'll send her over....

S. Nora said...

I know, this is an older recipe, I was just looking around.... So what does "mixing" mean here? Are we talking about kneading or simply mixing the stuff? I can only knead for about 13 seconds before my hands start to hurt....So it would be awesome if this recipe wouldn't require kneading!