Saturday, February 18, 2012

Tropical Smoothie

We just got our Bountiful Basket for the week and we made a delicious smoothie! It reminded us of our trip to Cancun. I used the leftover pineapple juice from the tidbit cans that I had frozen. All the fruit was fresh, but I'm sure frozen could be substituted for them, too.

1 banana
2 small mangos
1 orange (ours was a pink cara cara orange)
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 cup frozen pineapple juice
1/4 container frozen OJ concentrate
1 cup milk (more or less for consistency)
sugar in desired (we used 1 tsp)

Load ingrdients in the your blender placing frozen items at the top. Blend well, taste test to see if and sugar is needed. Enjoy!

*makes about 5-6 cups


1 comment:

Marne said...

Funny...I made this same thing for part of our lunch! It was a good basket today. Only I didn't put in oj concentrate or pineapple juice and no sugar and, I used fresh pineapple and I added in 2 cups fresh baby spinach. You don't taste the spinach at all...still a wonderful tropical smoothie taste with added nutrients. It was a gorgeous bright green color.

I have been noticing that adding spinach to any flavor smoothie works. We have been having green smoothies almost daily for a month now. We love 'em, my kids especially.