Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Garlic Black Beans

Another yummy recipe from sisterscafe.blogspot.com. I've always loved black beans, but was never sure how to prepare them. Well, let me tell you, this is a great way! They are so tasty. The original recipe has them as part of a shredded sweet pork salad (like from Costa Vida), but they are also great alone or with Cilantro Lime Rice.

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 c tomato juice
2 cloves garlic, minced (1 tsp)
1 tsp cumin
2 Tb canola oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tb chopped cilantro

Heat oil then add garlic until cooked (it turns brown) and cumin. Add rest of ingredients and serve warm.

Be careful when adding the garlic to the hot oil. When I made in the first time I kept waiting for the garlic to "pop" like it said in the original recipe and before I knew it the garlic was black and charred!

No comments: