Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fiber Rich Muffins

These are very good and very healthy at the same time! We had them for breakfast when Neal and Marilyn were visiting us. I hope you can find the cereal mix at the grocery store! I got mine at Winco. (The recipe is actually on the cereal box)

1 cup Hodgson Mill Multi Grain Hot Cereal
1 cup unbleached flour
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup shredded carrots (I used my mini chopper instead of shredding)
1 cup peeled and chopped apples
1/2 cup milk - can be skim
2 eggs or 4 egg whites
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I only had olive oil and it was fine)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)


Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or grease muffin cups. Blend together dry ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and mix until blended. Batter will be thick. Spoon into muffin cups. Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: