Sunday, July 5, 2009

Homestyle Pot Roast

This is the easiest and tastiest pot roast I've had in a long time. Instead of buying beef chuck though, I used 2 lbs of beef stew meat I happened to have. I took the meat right from the freezer and put into the crock pot and it turned out really tender and the flavor - very yummy!

2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into large chunks
1 can (14 1/2 oz) stewed tomatoes (I blend mine up in the blender)
1 packet (1 1/2 oz) beef stew seasoning

Combine beef, tomatoes and seasoning mix in Crock Pot. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.

(My crock pot cooks fast on LOW for some reason so even with the meat being frozen, it only took 4 hours. Bigger chunks of meat would take longer of course. I read in a Crock Pot cook book once that if you start with frozen meat, it turns out tender and juicy most of the time. It's true for me!)

No comments: