Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Breakfast (or anytime) Smoothies

Here are a few of the smoothie recipes I make. These are only approximate portions, however, because I use what I have on hand or change my mind all the time. I never measure anything. It also depends on how much I want to make as to the portion sizes. They always turn out different, but good!

Orange Julius
1/2 c. orange juice concentrate
1 c. milk
1 or 2 bananas
3-4 raw baby carrots
handful of fresh pineapple
handful frozen peaches
half apple cut into chunks
1 c. vanilla yogurt
honey to sweeten (optional)

Blend until smooth! I use frozen fruit so I don't add any ice. If you use canned or all fresh you will want to add ice. Can also add pears or any other yellow or orange fruit or veggie.

Purple Passion
1/2 c. vanilla yogurt
1 c. milk
handful of frozen blueberries & raspberries & strawberries
small handful raw baby spinach
3-4 baby carrots
1 banana
honey to sweeten

Blend until smooth! Like I said above, if you don't use frozen fruit add ice.

Peanut Butter Blast
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 banana
chocolate syrup
small handful of graham crackers
ice

Blend until smooth.

Here is a link to some more really yummy smoothie recipes. Happy drinking!

No comments: